Tuesday, March 17, 2015

How to Care for Orchids


Hello my nonexistent followers, I have yet another word worth sharing; how to care for orchids. Now I know that this information is prevalent on the internet but I have found a little trick that I think everyone should know. Yes, you should have a holy pot for your orchid, and yes you should do bark. But don't risk the imminent death that can follow an attempted feeding of your orchid. Don't buy plant food; give them fresh moss. Not only is the moss useful for telling how long its been since you last watered your orchid, it is also useful for giving them a very low dose of fresh nutrients. Orchid guru's might disagree with this decision because this could potentially expose your orchid to lawn fertilizers or parasites, so the (low) risk is yours to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment